View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #15
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMSmillie View Post
There's also the issue of Calibre placing that inline TOC at the end of the book, which isn't exactly where users would expect to find it. Of course, that's only an issue if you plan on distributing the ebook to others. If it's purely for your own consumption, it becomes simply a matter of personal preference.
Right again. I wasn't thinking clearly. It's not that Calibre creates the in-line TOC from the NCX. It's that the NCX and the in-line TOC Calibre creates both originate from the same code. Gotta remember that.

I like having a TOC in my ebooks, in-line for mobis for my Kindle, but I don't want to have to scroll through it at the beginning of all my books, so I always put mine at the end anyway. Like you said, where it gets put is a personal choice. You can put it whereever you want if you create it yourself but if you let Calibre create it for you, it's definitely going to be in the back. That's great for me. Maybe not so much for someone else.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote