View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 05:10 AM   #31
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
The pictures from PCMag look pretty good. If they've got the Pearl screen and have solved the touchscreen glare issue then these are strong products.
I agree.

What makes me mad is that they don't offer a 9.7in version. I can't understand why. They could basically corner the market for eInk based academic reader. Amazon is refusing to add TOC and links support to its DX line (beats me why). PocketBook aren't using the latest pearl eInk screen. I don't know why Sony is ignoring this market, this is a niche they could really dominate.

Also, what is cause of the fading on the upper part of the screen here? It looks like a reflection, but I'm not sure.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote