View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
derei
derei began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
I agree with Helen.

Although I would add that before you disconnect the internet, make sure you know the Key (security password) needed to reconnect. For AT&T, and many other internet providers, the key is posted on the router as either a sticker or a panel with a serial number on the back/bottom.

I suggest this because, when trying to reconnect, you might be required to re-enter the Key. Without it the computer will refuse to reconnect.
Actually I did a different thing: I tried to convert some other PFDs ... and some work FAST (less than a minute, few seconds) and some of them seem to last forever. I will dig into it... I'll see if the antivirus may cause this lag. What I am sure of, is that the antivirus IS WORKING hard during the conversion process... that may imply that Calibre is doing some "unconventional" work under the hood. Something that windows doesn't allow openly and can be potentially harmful (like rewriting some RAM bytes, or accessing something in a suspect way... or something)... I don't know. The developers should know better why MSE is put to work. So, the protection software gets in red alert...
derei is offline   Reply With Quote