View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 03:28 PM   #593
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Is the hubby making sushi? Zongzi (sticky rice dumplings wrapped in bamboo leaves)? Pudding? Poké bowls? Just likes the texture? Does he add any flavourings? I like a bit of mirin and salt which give a flavour similar to a sushi rice.

My preferred method for cooking sticky rice is to pre-soak at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours, drain and then steam the sticky rice for 23-25 minutes turning once. Once steamed, I dump it on a clean plastic board and fold it over until it's nice and smooth.
He just really loves the texture. I got him started on it with...hmmm...oh, that easy recipe for General Tso's chicken that Epicurious shared with the world a few years back. He adores that chicken and he wanted sticky rice with it, not "regular" Asian-style rice so...we started out with that and then he just started making it for himself in the IP. Yes, he adds a bit of salt and sometimes mirin, sometimes neither of those and just a soy or soy-adjacent-type sauce or seasoning. Around here, if naught else, we have herbs, spices, sauces, etc. out the wazoo for any number of different foods and tastes.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote