View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #37
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Let's say a book belongs to two different series. With your proposed enhancements, would it then be possible to have the book in two different collections with two different names (i.e., Series A 01 - Book & Series B 05 -Book) even if that means you have to have two copies on the device?
You can do that today, at least on devices that support calibre-generated collections like my PRS-350 that my wife uses and other Sony readers, Android devices running CC, and (I think) Kobos.

I have not proposed any enhancements that affect devices, and in fact have not really proposed any enhancements at all. What I said in post 12 was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Given this fact, we are left with finding ways for people to solve the problem in some way within the existing structure. This is why I added grouped search terms several years ago, to provide a way to search across multiple columns using one lookup name. I am willing to add template functions to improve things if a) their semantics can be described in a sentence or two and b) they are generally useful. A function to return the values in a grouped search term might be one example.
It is up to someone who cares to propose the appropriate semantics for any new template language capabilities.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote