View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #35
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do older Kindles still have the ability to have collections created by the computer or has that been done away with by some firmware update?
Yes, only newer devices AFAIK were blocked.

Quote:
Newer Kindles cannot have the computer create collections without a jailbreak and a separate plugin. So that's not really relevant to the topic at hand. It's only relevant if the Kindle can have the computer create collections from unmodified firmware.
Why does that make it irrelevant? All I said was that any device which can have its database accessed and modified is compatible with ANY RANGE of calibre columns.

Jailbroken Kindles can have their databases accessed, thus the topic is relevant for jailbroken Kindles (as well as older models).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I think some old kindle allowed to create collections from calibre without jailbreaking, but perhaps I'm wrong.
Correct.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote