View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The Sony drivers permit use of custom columns to build collections, and have done so for at least 3 years. I think I added that capability in 2010.

I wonder what your goal is here. It has been clearly stated that adding multiple series/indices will not happen. In addition, I have offered to do work to improve templates and template functions to support multiple series using the existing multiple columns. However, instead of engaging in discussion around things that can be done, you continue to push something that will not be done by any of the current developers that I know of. You are of course welcome to do it yourself.
Let's say a book belongs to two different series. With your proposed enhancements, would it then be possible to have the book in two different collections with two different names (i.e., Series A 01 - Book & Series B 05 -Book) even if that means you have to have two copies on the device?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote