View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #17110
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
they assume that readers have read the book before. Why spoilers are often the case in introductions is beyond me. Anyway, should I skip the prologue Concerning Hobbits, Concerning Pipe-weed, etc.?
No, there's no spoilers - it's not that sort of introduction. It's all written by Tolkien. Yes, it's the Introduction and Prologue that I was referring to. I just think you may find it a bit boring, and you can always read it later. Since you've read "The Hobbit" there's nothing in it that you need for the story. I just wouldn't want you to read that, and think that it's an indication of what the rest of the book's like.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote