View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #17109
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A tip for when you do read "The Fellowship of the Ring": skip over the introductory material and jump straight in with Chapter 1, "A Long-Expected Party". You can go back and read the introduction and preface later.
I once made the mistake of reading the introductory material of a classic novel and made a mental note to never read the introductions before reading the book. They always contain blatant spoilers, they assume that readers have read the book before. Why spoilers are often the case in introductions is beyond me. Anyway, should I skip the prologue Concerning Hobbits, Concerning Pipe-weed, etc.?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote