View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #177
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
BUT I can NOT confirm, that SYM popup does not work, I have my personalized SYM layout with the german Umlaute and my preferred sorting ... as with 3.3
I meant the ALT-SYM popup, not the usual SYM popup. The SYM popup is too small to contain the symbols and all non-ascii characters for some languages.
Kindle has a built-in ability to display advanced symbol popup dialog with another set of characters on several pages launched by ALT-SYM shortcut. But this feature is disabled by default.
keybru hack used bytecode injection to enable this ALT-SYM popup and to redefine the character selection. This is not possible any more.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote