View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #28
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Lack of space for paper books at home (1000+ books in a two room flat shared with another person and a couple of cats) meant I'd basically given up reading new books for several years as there was literally no space for them - and living in non-English-speaking country and reading almost exclusively in English, buying books was the only option for me to read them, i.e. no library or borrowing from friends and then returning.

So that was the main reason. Not having to wait 2-3 weeks for a bought book to get to me (and worrying whether it would make it or get lost in the mail) was a major bonus, as was the much easier reading - no having to struggle with the paperback to keep it open, no worrying about font size or unreadably narrow margins and line spacing.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote