View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #178
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Oh, bad news then. I'm running Linux so I have a version of ADE, but it can't detect my reader. Yesterday, I also gave a try to Kobo desktop (through wine), it got the new version but it's stuck trying to load contents and once again the reader is not detected. I'll wait to see if the books can be downloaded in a couple of weeks, once the servers will be done with the new firmware.
I guess that's one more reader I won't be able to use to rent library books

I'll stop here with the off topic
If you are using ubuntu, you might want to try this:
(under the section: Using an eReader with ADE)
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=43373

In my case, I'd installed ADE using winetricks and the basic way didn't work, but I followed the advice of Carl Hage (1st comment in the comments below) and that worked for me....which for the same reasons made me extremely happy.

I don't know much about other versions of linux, but considering it's probably the same reason that it can't find it mounted...you could always try a similar thing.

Oh, and after that process, always be sure you plug in your kobo before opening ADE...it finds it if you do that, but iirc, it doesn't find it if you plug it in AFTER you've started ADE. So I dl the library book, close ADE plug in my reader and reopen ADE. Though obviously plugging in your reader first off would also work...I just never think to.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote