View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #174
Book Monkey
Books Before Bananas!
Book Monkey began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclim00 View Post
Anyone in the US been able to upgrade the firmware through syncing yet? This is a little frustrating as I'm used to just downloading the file off B+N's site for my nook's firmware.
I'm in NJ and got the 2.4.0 update 5 days ago: shortly after midnight 2-14-13 EST. It fixed my biggest issue which was jumping back a few pages from where I last left off. I have the Kobo Mini.

However, as I posted earlier, I have not been able to complete a sync ever since. It seems to be downloading everything correctly (haven't compared books marks on iPhone/iPad to confirm it uploads correctly) but the sync just keeps running while "loading content". The reset button on the back did not help so last night I left it syncing with 51% charge on the battery. When I woke up the screeen said it needed to recharge and was completely dead. As soon as I could I checked the drop down from the home screen and it still read last update 2-14-13 12:57am.

Previously, it also said network error when I let it run the sync so maybe it's my 4 (5?) year old wifi router having seen better days. I'll try it again tomorrow from work with a full charge (or plugged into my pc) but if it still doesn't complete I pretty much have to conclude it's a f/w bug.
Book Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote