View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #101
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Would you buy it for US$799?
Think there are 10,000 people willing to pay that price?
Plastic Logic couldn't find them.
http://technologizer.com/2010/08/11/que-proreader/
Yeah, for a front-lighted 2400x1650 9.7" reader with a touch screen and Wi-Fi, I'd pay that. But like I said earlier, whether there are enough people like me to make it profitable for someone to make them?

I don't think so, and the Plastic Logic fiasco pretty much confirms it. High-end tablets like the iPad and Nexus 10 rule that space (and I do intend to get a Nexus 10 if and when it ever gets sold here in the Netherlands, but for reading, it probably still won't replace my DXG).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote