View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #93
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post

Eyestrain is strictly a personal reaction that affects everybody differently so there is no universal statement anybody can assert about it.
As a vaguely general rule, higher pixel density displays will produce eyestrain in less people and on a given display lower contrast and brightness levels will result in less people experiencing eyestrain. (Or eliminate it for some people.)
This is true in my case which I very recently discovered. At Best Buy I was looking at the Kindle PW but found it hazy and slightly out of focus when the light was at level 20 for my daytime reading. Next to it was the Kindle Fire that was difficult and a little irritating to read due to eyestrain. Next to that was the Fire HD --much better-- I could probably surf the web comfortably and read a blog. The next table was the Nook HD and the screen was incredible. Within 10 seconds I had adjusted the theme and was comfortably reading a Grisham sample. No eyestrain after 15 minutes. I believe the Nook HD has a lower lux level (brightness/contrast) than the Fire HD which made it for me easier to read. You may prefer a higher lux for movies, though. The last table had an iPad4 and ... Oh Mama! ... my read of the Patterson sample was effortless.

I don't know the PPIs but my sweet spot is probably somewhere around Nook HD to iPad4.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote