View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #270
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I did that, I think, I am just not sure how to specify a hardcoded address for my PC. It currently looks like that and I connect to the Kindle via ssh root@192.168.15.244. Regarding the netcat stuff (which I have since solved another way) I still wouldn't know which IP to enter to write the dd-read output to a running dd instance on my PC via netcat -- or rather I do know but apparently it's wrong. I had to install the NDIS stuff manually but it works now. This is how my current setup looks, excuse the german.

USBnet itself isn't even installed yet -- I think you guys might be already talking about configuring the WiFi aspect of the hack while I was still talking about the netcat stuff mostly which should be possibly without the WiFi aspect and just with the USBNet hack integrated into the diag partition.

So for the WiFi part I basically change the address that I have currently entered (192.168.15.1) to one which lies on the same subnet as my network PC address (192.168.0.17) so e.g. 192.168.0.18 and change the usbnet config accordingly.

I'm not sure what you mean by
Quote:
And I just use Nilujes USBnetworking to handle the iptables details.
note: it prefers to be "unplugged" while switching
yet, but I guess I'll find it in the wiki somewhere...?
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote