View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #29
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've edited mss. on paper. and on computer screen, and I've also inputted other people's paper corrections to a digital file. So I believe I have sufficient background to give an informed opinion as to which method is more efficient.

I simply cannot believe that in a forum where people extol the virtues of e-books and cringe at the thought of buying a paper book, some folks apparently think paper is the preferred medium to work on during the publishing process.

And as Ninjalawyer said, when you use Word, you have the option of tracking changes by multiple people, each one's alterations in a different color. You have the comment feature, where you can explain a change or go back and forth discussing a change. You have room to write, as opposed to trying to scribble in the margins on a paper copy or on a Post-it that might fall off. You have legible corrections, not something another person has to struggle to interpret or query--and each query that has to go back to the editor is more wasted time.

And think about the simple waste of paper, too!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote