Thread: Aura HD Reading in the sun... FAIL
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
No idea. I read in direct sun on the Aura a few times a week, never had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
So at lunch pretty much every day I take my Aura HD out to read in the sun while I eat (gotta get that Vitamin D that I don't get from my computer screens at my desk...) and every time I start flipping pages if there is sun shining directly on the screen... NOTHING. No page turns, the power button stops working, backlight button stops working, it basically brings the reader to a complete standstill for up to 10 minutes. A pinhole reset will usually fix it, but really? Isn't it a selling point that "e-ink is the only way to read in direct sunlight"?

Can anyone else repro this? It's super frustrating, and I really want to know if this is just my unit or a glitch with the IR screens on all the Auras.
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote