View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
on Booklending.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
So many of my books were sitting in pending after being loaned to someone who requested the book and then coming back after 7 days because the borrowers weren't actually taking the loan.
I agree, lately this has been happening to me too on Booklending.com. Because users don't have any credit limits, some people seem to just request books they aren't really interested in and don't even list books for loan. I haven't had this happen to me on Lendle or on eBookfling.

I have also started being suspicious of how Booklending.com calculates the priority on who gets a book that has many users requesting it. (When you list a book for lending that has many users, the site will give you a list of 3 names and you can pick who to lend it to.) According to this post, they suggest that you
Quote:
Lend More Books: The BookLending.com system is programmed to reward the “most engaged” community members with faster book loans.
I think that there's more to it than that, that not necessarily users that have lent more books have more priority.* I don't know what the other factors are (perhaps who requested a book first/how many books you have borrowed in the past), but I wish that this was something that was made clearer by the site.

*A friend of mine tried listing a book that I have requested to borrow and instead of getting my name, she got 3 names of users that had no books available for lending or far far less books for lend than I have (I have also successfully lent many books).
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote