Thread: SD Card
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #15
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingOfShadows View Post
Currently I have a Duracell card in my reader, though to be honest I only chose that one as it was black so it blends right into my Black Kobo.

As soon as you insert the card the Kobo should flip to the Processing New Content page and scan the card for any ePUB or PDF files. Also, it will scan any sub-folders on the card as well so you don't need to worry about placing them all in the root or anything.

If your card has valid ePub files that it did not find, you may want to eject the card and then sync with the desktop app. As PeterT confirmed, this should reset the Kobo DB, then you can try reinserting the card to see if it pick the files up then.
I just tried that and the books still don't show up. They're epubs so they should show up but. I was just wondering if it might be the card.

EDIT: I called Kobo support and they said that I can't just drag a drop the files onto the card, that I have to use digital editions (which actually doesn't work for some reason when I have the Kobo plugged in) to transfer.

Since I have no faith in Kobo support I just want to double check something. Simply by inserting the SD card into the Kobo I've expanded the memory, right?

Last edited by Bittybye; 06-10-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote