View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #8
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
I think eBook device owning users are PDF-phobic. Those who view on their screen/print are not.
Slightly off-topic, but I think Nate was right with his "geeks are PDF-phobic" comment. PDF was created as a proprietary format in 1993 or so and remained that way until 2008. The reader was free but the tools available to create them were overpriced, buggy, hard to maintain in a corporate environment, and often threw hissy fits when trying to upgrade. And don't get me started on the bloated reader software for which there are now decent alternatives (foxit) but for the longest time these didn't exist.

For me, PDF comes with a host of bad memories, and I am only slowly overcoming that

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-04-2009 at 10:48 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote