View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 02:49 AM   #12
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevent View Post
I also need help with converting a mobi dictionary (kindle format) to stardict format --if that is at all really possible...
It's possible, but it takes a lot of work and most required tools are only available as Windows versions.
You'll need to de-drm the Kindle dictionary and unpack it with KindleUnpack. Then you'll need to remove the Kindle-specific HTML tags and format everything so that the headword is in one line and the definition in the next one, i.e. a GLS file, and convert it to a StarDict file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevent View Post
(Tried to install dictzip but failed there: sudo apt-get "command not found" Probably the link I found didn't lead to the right dictzip package... Where does one find the "dictzip executable" the manual refers to?)
AFAIK, dictzip is optional. I.e., you probably won't need it at all. In fact, some dictionary programs can't handle compressed StarDict dictionaries. There's no OSX version. (apt-get is a Linux command.)

Also check out PyGlossary, which can generate OSX dictionary source files.

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-28-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote