View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
The reading outloud thing is very overrated I tried the option with Mantano Reader on android and found it very hard to follow the computerised voice. But I also think an android tablet and the Mantano Reader App might be the cheapest way to go but still well over your budget.
I *love* TTS (Text To Speech, aka Read Aloud), on both my kindle and my Android.

The built-in Kindle 3 TTS sounds great to me as is.

To get a good experience with it on Android, you need to download other voices, as the built-in one does indeed sound very computerized.

My favorite is Ivona's Amy or Kendra. (Free, still, in app store) I tried the SVOX voices, but wasn't impressed.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote