View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Even before e-books became popular, 250,000+ new titles were published in the US every year (and about the same number in the UK).

That's *new* titles. And that's *every* year. Random House alone puts out 80,000 new titles per year.

Of the 250,000, probably 40,000 or so are fiction. So if I limit myself to fiction written within the past 10 years, that 400,000 books to choose from.

Meaning that there has always been a lot of competition in the market. I'm not sure that e-books will really change that overall.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote