Thread: MobileRead December 2011 - Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #73
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Here's my take on it: A hidden vote in the Book Club polls is like the secret ballot in a political election. The choice you make is no one's business but yours, but if you want to say what you voted for, and actively campaign for the outcome you feel would be best, that's your right also. And folks who fear that those who campaign the hardest could sway the election just have to keep in mind that those who are the most vocal don't always have the votes to put their candidate into office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Oh please, give it a rest!! You've got what you wanted, hidden poll. If some us wants to share how we voted that has to be up to us, just as it is in political elections.

Half the fun for me is hearing people's reason for choosing one book before another and I have made several additions to my TBR based on that.

This is getting (even more) ridiculous if we also need to have a poll on whether or not we are allowed to discuss our choices!
(And how many months' book discussions are going to be oveshadowed by this (in my opinion silly) non-book.discussion?)
I honestly think we can put this particular discussion to rest.

Tom, who is now running the club, has stated that discussion is up to the individual participant. See his post, quoted above.
Many people expressed their displeasure at not being allowed to discuss their choices. So I think it's safe to say that discussions are a wanted and accepted part of the voting process.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote