View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Thanks for such a quick response. You may well ask why, if I can download the same titles from Gutenberg, I wish to bother with Adelaide. The answer is that I sometimes wish to download separate short stories from an entire book, or (as in this case) separate chapters from a large text. (Of course, I can -- and have -- downloaded entire Gutenberg books in the txt format, copied to my word processor, edited out the unwanted 90% of the material(!), then save back as an abridged txt file and converted it to html then to Mobipocket, as described in my initial posting. Very convoluted, indeed!

Anyway, my failed experience with the Adelaide titles seems to ALWAYS be the case, so I suggest that you just download from their site any title you want and see what the problem is and hopefully rectify it. Again, many thanks, and regards, Jim
Kovidgoyal: Have you had an opportunity yet to follow up further in this matter? You seem to be coping with quite a few other queries of probably more pressing need at this time, so I'm really in no special hurry. Thanks and regards.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote