View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #753
kindleuzer
Enthusiast
kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.kindleuzer can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW, K3 Kbd
Just installed the Charis SIL on my PW. It's beautiful - best font I've tried by far. Many thanks to JSWolf for this one, it's a keeper.

One question: why does adding Charis also add all those other fonts to the list (and apparently to the Kindle)? Are they encoded into Charis somehow? Is there any way to remove them from the list while keeping Charis? (I guess that's more than one question, lol.) Apologies if that's been answered in the thread, I haven't had a chance to go through and read it all yet.

>Edit: Just tried the Charis SIL Modified larger. *This* one is definitely the best.

Renders beautifully for me at second from the left Aa, whereas regular Charis was a tad too small at 2nd and too big at 3rd. Really nice weight and balance to the font. I like Palatino, but it was a bit too light. The larger Charis is just perfect on the PW, even nicer than the classic Baskerville.

Last edited by kindleuzer; 03-21-2013 at 01:06 AM.
kindleuzer is offline   Reply With Quote