View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #112
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Earlier in this thread I said I didn't like the N7 screen, so someone pointed me to a review about how great the screen is. Then I said I found it has poor battery life, and someone pointed out a series of charts about its battery life. I felt like I was being jumped on just for having the opinion that the iPad is better, for me, than the N7.
Sorry if I gave you that impression, Sue. The irony is that I was trying to be helpful.

If it turned out you'd noticed an issue with the Nexus 7's screen which others had not, I thought you might want to see tests in order to determine what the problem really is (the battery test shown in another member's post was taken from that same article).

The tests I've seen report excellent viewing angles, which is consistent with a standard IPS panel. If you've noticed bad viewing angles in everyday use, I'd like to know more about that.

Also, if Asus began using different panels after the initial run of N7s and you happened to buy one with an inferior screen (such as a TN panel), I wouldn't be surprised if hundreds of thousands of people were extremely keen on getting as much confirmation as possible. I've often thought about buying a Nexus 7 myself, and wretched viewing angles would dissuade me from making the purchase.

The same could be true WRT battery life. As I'm sure you know, one issue with Android is that one has to be vigilant about the Google Play apps one downloads because Google doesn't police them as Apple does. If one's Nexus 7 contains lots of apps that are constantly running in the background and using Wifi, then battery life can become abysmal.

If your experience with battery life has to do with a specific cause, it would be in future buyers' interests to figure out what it is.

These are issues which might not affect your preference for the iPad, but they could affect others' decision to buy a given tablet.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 01-26-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote