View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think that means you want to go back to 1.9.17. But even that has a lot of shop related stuff on the home screen. 2.0.0 and 2.1.1 had a wishlist button on the home. 2.1.5 is the first that has the wishlist across the bottom. Personally, I think 2.3.1 has the least shop related stuff on the home screen. But it does have the reading life.

To go back, you can try using the manual firmware method. This should work OK for recent firmware but I'm not sure about the 1.9.x versions or even 2.0.0. These might need a factory reset. If you do that, use the desktop app to do the sync/upgrade to the device but before disconnecting replace the updated firmware files with those for the firmware you want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote