View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsauce View Post
PRS-T1 - doesn't support chinese unless a 3rd party app is installed (I assume the device has to be rooted first...). The features seem very impressive though. However, it's hugely overpriced in Australia (T1 is US$99 at the moment and AU$179 )
I'm not a Chinese reader myself, but you can read Chinese epubs on the Sony PRS-T1 without hacking the device. You would need to add one line of code to the .css file of every epub, which can be inserted manually or automatically if you are using the Calibre software to create your epubs. See this thread for the details if you are interested.

If you want to get an idea of what it looks like, you could attach a small sample Chinese epub (no copyright, no DRM) and I could try to photograph it for you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote