Thread: UUID creation?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #81
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Well, this is an old one... nevertheless.
Frustrated with Toxaris CleanHtml macro (I certainly don't intend to learn MS VBA only to do the same thing in LO VBA ), I decided to do something else where I can make a complete fool of myself .
I find default.epub a "must have" feature - so comfortable changing of unique ID would be a nice thing - so I went into Sigil source.
It was a little bigger journey than assumed... but it's my first venture into C++ (and Qt!) - so perhaps I exaggerate.

It would be nice if Devs would take a look at it and point out what I did wrong (ncx thing?). Nevertheless it works so far and I intend to use it!

So here is the patch to official git commit 9e50f3c7c405a4272eb5e3d76e92f1a879b9b027 (at the moment latest) . I've put this thing into Metadata Editor, picture attached.

It uses standard Sigil method to generate new unique uuid.

usage (linux): cp /whatever/reuuid.patch /yourSigilGitFolder/. ; cd /yourSigilGitFolder; patch -p1 < reuuid.patch ; compile as usual.

Of course making default.epub settings standard by Sigil File->New menu item would be better solution but at the moment it's not a journey I'm willing to take.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ME.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	108626  
Attached Files
File Type: zip reuuid.patch.zip (3.2 KB, 206 views)
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote