View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #12
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
DRM is mainly an issue at the moment because it is just so terribly implemented.

If it was implemented in way that gave me the same rights I am accustomed to with print books then it would be fine. But no, most types of DRM are terribly restrictive. The main one is lending - they need to provide the ability to lend an entire ebook to a friend. I don't care if I can't read it while it's 'checked out' and my friend has it, that's replicating how print books work.

But at the moment they want to charge us too much, for less rights. They restrict rthe usage of the books so much that people who pirate the book get more value. It's obscene.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote