View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 PM   #24
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
Reviving an old thread here because this is something I'd love to be able to do.

For anyone that has this working, can you go into a little more detail on what you're doing? Here's what I am trying:

1. Convert book to mobi using calibre (it's not the newest but it is 0.8.3 which is newer than this thread by nearly a year -- actually have the same results with 0.9.5 64-bit). The 'share with facebook' option is not checked.

2. Email the book to my me@kindle.com address. It shows up in my kindle library under personal documents.

3. Sync in the android app, and I can see my book.

4. Sync in the Kindle for PC program, I can't see my book.

5. Copy the mobi file over to my kindle content directory, restart kindle for pc. Now I can see my book.

But the furthest read location is not synced (and indeed, why should it be, since the kindle program didn't get the book from Amazon's servers?).

What step am I missing there?

Last edited by jduck; 04-01-2013 at 04:14 PM.
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote