View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I think you're mistaken. I'm still using v2.1.5 on my Glo and the margins slider works fine (the values aren't to my liking but that's a different story).

If you're having trouble with sideloaded epubs it's more likely that you have margins hard-coded into your epub css files, either in the <body> class or perhaps an @page {...} statement. I think the Kobo will honour those settings if they exist.
Firmware 2.3.x will modify the margins on an epub that has hard coded margins with one big caveat -- you can only increase the margins from what is hard coded. I posted a couple of versions of Charles Stross' Toast ebook, one with narrow margins and one with wide margins which demonstrated that effect. The narrow margin version always had narrower margins at the same slider setting.

To quote my original post:

On my Glo measuring from the left edge of the screen to the H in "Highly flammable.", I got the following results.

Margin slider fully to the left:
Toast-narrow has a 2mm margin
Toast-wide has a 17mm margin

Margin slider fully to the right:
Toast-narrow has a 16mm margin
Toast-wide has a 31mm wide margin

This is using the font size my tired old eyes find comfortable. At the lowest font size settings, the margins on Toast-wide go from 6mm to 20mm which is about the same 14mm change.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote