View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #10
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ Yeah, good points, especially about Google's long-term strategy vis-a-vis Android.

For sure, not so much leeway with the physical form factor of tablets is there? I mean, if it doesn't look like a tablet, then what have you got? A digital picture frame?

Still, there is a recent thread here on MR about the new Toshiba Thrive tablet with Honeycomb. Toshiba IMO has done some interesting things with that sucker, with the inclusion of full size USB port, on board HDMI port and an easily user-replaceable battery. True, it is not nearly as svelte and sexy as the iPad or other uber slim offerings, but my initial thought on seeing the Toshiba Thrive was:

"Hmmm...now we got a tablet where I could see myself actually DOING something productive on, rather than something that is simply a content consumption device..."

I am not an Apple hater - I quite love their industrial design and overall aesthetics and without doubt they have the best marketing/advertising/branding teams on the planet. I am just not so much a fan of their walled-garden mentality and their my-way-or-the-highway attitude.

Still, 6.5 billion people on planet earth so there are bound to be differences of opinion.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote