View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #44
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Just to be clear, if you have 2.0, this will also update you to 2.0.1?
Not at all. In fact this will prevent you from updating to 2.0.1.

If you're at 2.0 and have already installed this mod, and would like to update to 2.0.1, then follow the removal procedure to revert to the unmodified config. At this point you can go and manually download and install the 2.0.1 update (or wait for it to reach you via whispernet). Once you're at 2.0.1 you can reinstall the mod if you want to (though, again, you will likely have to remove it to install the next official update from Amazon).

-----

Again, applying this screen saver "update" is changing your brand new kindle2 in ways that it was not intended by the developers, and is dangerous.

I happen to enjoy photos of my wife & kids on my kindle2 and I understand the changes I'm making and how to undo them. I also find the changes quite minor and their potential for disaster quite low. That said, I make these warning statements because I refuse to feel bad if someone bricks their kindle2 because they misread my instructions. (Ok, I'd still feel bad.)
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote