View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:44 AM   #74
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I would like some help if possible to create a custom column for use in a plugboard to use with Sony 600.
I know the Soney doesn't quite support plugboards but It kind of works.
Sonys fully support plugboards since 0.7.23.
Quote:
What I would like is an expression to give me an abreviated series name
Meg Langslow Mysteries MLM
Kriminalpolis Erlendur Sveinsson KES
You don't say whether you want the series information before or after the title. As your original example was 'before', I will assume that. You don't say whether you want one-word series names to be treated differently, so I will ignore them.

Create a plugboard
Format: device_db
Device: PRS505
Source template: {series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0<2s| - | - }{title}
Destination: Title

This would produce for your example of a few posts back:

Series: Meg Langslow Mysteries
Series index:3
Title: Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos

Title on Sony: MLM - 03 - Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote