View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Let me strongly disagree with you.

Yes, Sony firmware does feature tags. But that is about it.
If you want Sony firmware to work at all using tags you have to use their software to load the books.

Go ahead. Try loading 1000 books to your Sony Reader using calibre. The Reader will choke on that many books.
I will take multi level directories over tags any day.
Try inserting an SD card with 1GB of books on it. The reader will choke for hours.
With PocketBook the boot time is 10 seconds regardless of number of books you have on device/cards.
I loaded 1354 books onto my PRS-900 using Calibre when I first got it. About 1GB. It took a few minutes to start up after that, but certainly didn't choke for hours. I did something similar with my PRS-600 when I first got it, but it was about 1100 books.

The PRS-900 always took a few minutes to start-up after being connected to the computer, but I am totally willing to put up with that to get everything organized how I like it.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote