View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
giorgioCh
giorgioCh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is not correct, or at least incomplete.

All the current Kobo devices support Japanese no matter where you buy it. You can change the interface to use Japanese. They support a Japanese dictionary and English to Japanese translation dictionary. There have been complaints about the Japanese dictionary, but some of them were fixed in the latest firmware and someone has built an alternative dictionary to install.

I think the second point is more related to buying books from the Kobo/Rakuten shop. This has been discussed in the Kobo forums, but I don't remember the details. But, if you have a source for Japanese ePubs, you can sideload them and read them.

thank for the answer.

I think the same, I suppose they were referring to the Rakuten.jp shop you buy e-books through. A customer assistant told me that no matter if I got the device through other retailers who do ship to my country, I won't be able to buy e-books from rakuten because of the location outside Japan and credit card issues. I have read the kobo forum for details and didn't find any solution available for me to overcome this problem, but yes downloading Japanese ePubs from another source might be a solution, unfortunately I´ve heard that Rakuten is the largest website Japanese for Japanese E-books.
giorgioCh is offline   Reply With Quote