View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
There are other characters I'd like to see books about. Bel Thorne, for instance ... it's an interesting character who must have had a noteworthy life both before and after its life intersected with Miles. For that matter, I'd like to seem more about Beta and its people. I'd like to read some of Aral's back-story. There might not be enough to make a novel out of, but surely at least a novella or two?

I'd really like to see a follow-up to "Falling Free" or "Ethan of Athos"; both have a lot of hooks that a sequel could be hung on.
Did you ever get as far as "Diplomatic Immunity"? It is kind of a semi-sequel to "Falling Free" and follows-up on the further adventures of Bel Thorne.

On the other hand, if you weren't satisfied with DI and meant something beyond that, it's perfectly understandable.

For more on Beta, the collection of Bujold's early work, "Dreamweaver's Dilemma" has a short story or two, if you haven't read them already.

I personally would love to have her write a hypothetical "Sergyar" to complete the planetary set, and have it be about Aral and Cordelia's challenges as Viceroy/Vicereine.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote