View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #70
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
One one level I was just absently musing. But now that I think about it, the fact the the actual phone usage of even a "smartphone" device seems to be being marginalized versus it's other capabilities would seem to make that "ph" prefix of larger devices even less relevant and less of a game changer.

But honestly, I was just musing on how little people seem to care about the phone function of their "phones" these days. I remember the very first time I picked up an iPhone, I couldn't even immediately see how to make a call.

ApK
But people do care about the sound quality of a phone. Even in phablets. It's just that it's assumed any device from a reputable company designed to make calls will have at least acceptable sound quality. Decent sound/call quality is not an option or a feature of a phone today. It's mandatory. It has to be there from the get go, whether you have a low-end prepaid phone or one that costs over $500.

As for not being able use a device (like your iPhone), that is entirely another matter and has more to do with how tech savvy a person is than on anything else. Did you even RTFM? Pardon my French, but I chuckle at reviews on Amazon complaining about how hard it is to use something and then it turns out they didn't even attempt to read it.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote