View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #1410
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Ok, so i finished Dead Beat yesterday and still can't bring myself to start Proven Guilty. The end again is a complete surprise, as it was with all books so far. But I can't stop thinking of why some things were said. Rest of the post going to be a spoiler, actually a pretty big one of you have not finished Dead Beat.

WARNING: DO NOT OPEN IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED DEAD BEAT
Spoiler:
This is the threat that Harry makes to Mavra. Part of me wants to actually see it happen, all of it, at the same time, just to see / read it. But then, this cannot be. If all that happens it would be the end of Harry as we know him up to this point.

Bold is mine, which I believe to be wrong if Harry freewilly chooses to do so.

I suspect some of that to happen later in the series (in fact I know of one thing that will happen). That does not bother me so much. What bothers me: Why did Harry make the threat if deep down he knows it is against his beliefs to actually do it? At least all at once, on purpose.

It is very dramatic, and I loved reading it. So much that I re-read the whole scene imediately after again for effect. But it is so wrong. Am I evil? Or is Harry's evil at this point?
Only time will tell!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote