View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I stopped buying fiction in bookstores (except for airport ones) in 1994. My shelves were stacked 3 deep with reference and cook books, and I had boxes of paperbacks.

Used bookstores were going out of business or had to charge pretty high prices (typically a 9.95 book would cost around $6.00 after a trade in not counting what I paid for the books I traded in) and my local small library branch had a better selection.

I tried several times to order books from new bookstores, both small and large and never actually got one. And I did check often. Order was not entered, order came in and they put it on the shelves etc. etc.

So no I don't miss bookstores as I got out of the habit of going to them, but I still hope they manage to stay in business.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote