View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnf View Post
If you must know, it is ugly, slow, has no way of editing what is on my reader without putting a new ebook on it (which I have to do MANUALLY, it does not trigger on change), it has no playlists, no way of tracking what I want on there, etc etc

All it does for me is ADD complexity, not subtract from it.

I have it installed for the command line tools, but the UI is utterly horrible.

You may like it, and that is fine, but I do not.
we all have different needs and tastes so it's hard to design one soft which can satisfy everyone, luckily there are other options.

just one thing though, you mention calibre has no playlists, have you tried using the tags and series functions for those ? i use them all the time, both of them will create "collections" when you transfer the books to the sony, this could be a good way to make a playlist... you can add tags and series info individually (highlight book in the library view, type E for Edit meta data, type in tas or select from the drop-down list among the tags already created), or in a batch edit : holding down the ctrl key (i think it's option key on a mac) select all the books you want to tag, type E, enter tag / series name. also, when your reader is connected, you can view what is on it by clicking on the reader in the top bar (next to library view icon), then you can see what is on there and if necessary add tags without re-loading the book. i do this sometimes when i forget to tag a book before sending it.

i hope you find something that works for you, anyway.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote