View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top100EbooksRank View Post
The topic that B&N Nook might be sold for $300 million got me looking into the Nook losses to date. Here's what I have found:

Year ending April 30 2010 NOOK EBITA: ?
Year ending April 30 2011 NOOK EBITA: (209 million USD)
Year ending April 30 2012 NOOK EBITA: (261 million USD)
Year ending April 30 2013 NOOK EBITA: (475 million USD)
+
Quarter ending on July 27, 2013 NOOK EBITA: (55 million USD)
Quarter ending on October 26, 2013 NOOK EBITA (45 million USD)

Assume (200 mil) for the year ending April 30 2010 and (50 mil) for the Quarter ending on January 26, 2014, the total EBITA would be (1045) + (200) + (50) = (1295 million USD) as of January 26, 2014.

Things are not looking good for the Nook. Waterstones decision not to enter into the e-readers/tablets market looking more and more like a great decision.

p.s. EBITA is a company's earnings before the deduction of interest, tax and amortization expenses.

B&N combined year ending April 30 2013:

EBITDA $ 10,266

Depreciation and Amortization (227,134)
Interest Expense, net (35,345)
Income Taxes 97,407
Total loss $ (154,806)

how can they lose so much money?

what are they doing?

if only i was in charge i would made them into a money spinner.

nook glow light is awesome and i would have advertised it massively with plenty of sexy girls holding it because sexiness sells.

i have never seen a sexy nook ad.

actually i have never seen a nook advertised on tv.

my way would have been to advertise with many model girls in stockings holding it in strategic places and make risque moves.

lesbianism would have been a major theme in my advertising..it would have generated HUGE publicity.

this would have got people talking and buying it.

look how madonna sold her records like vogue et al.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote