View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
A) Don't forget to rename the settings.example.cfg to settings.cfg, I (of course) tried this first and managed to get the PW to reboot : ) (whoops)
I am currently working on a new version with an improved way of configuration which should prevent this from happening

Quote:
B) Those of you who "live" in Airplane Mode, This WILL switch modes to wifi Without Asking
Thanks! I didn't think about this, i'll include a setting for the behaviour

Quote:
Actually with the ability to shutdown this works very nicely. Happy now. Author advises me there will be another - less configuration hungry edition later tonight so I'll index it after that.
Actually, for me its afternoon in germany ;D

Quote:
SCREENSHOTS: 1 + 2 GETTING IT RIGHT.

SCREENSHOTS: 3 + 4 From Airplane mode + "Accidentally" forgetting the settings.
Thanks for adding screenshots!

Quote:
Further thoughts: Those of you who choose to "Remove screensaver mode" via KUAL may have a little difficulty actually exiting the app.

I'm looking into a wrapper for that now.
Quote:
I merged your pull request Thanks! And probably we can improve it to be executed from js when the app exits ( I'm doing this with the status bar right now )

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
very nice!

this is using the built-in browser without any titlebar or footer, right? just trying to understand what I could use this for - javascript, or what else?

thank you!
The app is based on the same javascript framework the browser is based on, but has a different interface code.

Quote:
Many people have requested full screen applications status for this.
Perhaps as a bus timetable readout, a weather display, or a constant new feed.
Thats exactly what I'm doing with it, a continous feed reader.

I've written a node.js application myhub which collects information from multiple sources like IMAP mail notifications, XMPP/Jabber messages, IRC channels/messages and RSS feeds and exposes them as a single event feed.
The feed can then be accessed via RSS (with filtering), a reader interface similar to google reader (which is not ready yet but in the works) and a simple news stream which I currently use on the kindle that updates as soon as a message arrives.

Last edited by PaulFreund; 04-08-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: removed wrong quote tag
PaulFreund is offline   Reply With Quote