View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #13
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
We started entering it when we got the iPad. Its just that nobody took the iPad seriously, and then they didn't take Android seriously because it was too close to iOS. But when MS develops a tablet OS, everything suddenly becomes srs bsns and we suddenly have "real tablets."

I've got a lampshade here, anyone care to guess where I'm going to hang it? I'll give you a hint, it isn't going on my head.
It wasn't really a case of hardware for me. Otherwise it's already there as you've mentioned.

The thing about productivity apps is you're often looking at ways to synchronise across systems. If you have a Mac computer, an iPad may well have it all going on these days. It will have gone a great deal further with apps by now than Windows will have. Bento and OmniGraffle look great for example. However, they're not much use to me because my work and home computers are Windows.

It didn't surprise me that Windows would interest me in tablets because I don't only see a tablet, I see the integration between the tablet and other tools that I'm already using and unless a tablet is going to help my professional life, I find it hard to justify the expense.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote