Thread: Touch Embeded Fonts:
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #9
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post

Example, in css .styling {font-family: "My font";}

In the individual html/xml files: <body class="styling">
I am referring to a claim of a bug in reference to embedded fonts.

From this link:http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-1...font-selection

In CSS2 font-family is a descriptor used in @font-face. Then font-family is "attached" to H1. I take this as declaring the font then telling the CSS where to use the font. To use in an entire epub attach it to body.
Using Sigil and and looking at 10 or so epubs that "embed fonts" I see almost no use of @font-face or inclusion in the opf manifest.

However the Open Publication Structure
http://old.idpf.org/2007/ops/OPS_2.0...tml#Section3.4
Says, "To provide authors with control over the appearance of the text, OPS supports the CSS2 font-face at-rule (@font-face)"
and "Any font files included in an OPS Publication must be included in the OPF manifest with appropriate media type."

I beginning to think the surprise should be when an ereader renders all embedded fonts correctly not when one doesn't!
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote