View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #50
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
When I read the bullet point terms, it sounded like the fanfic authors would get a royalty of all the copies sold via amazon (although net, so who knows how little it may actually be, creative hollywood movie accounting??)

However the original IP owner is granted a license to all the fanfic authors ideas/concepts/characters in the work which I would guess means they can produce their own derivative books/movies/anything without paying the fanfic author a penny. The fanfic author only gets royalties for the ebook they wrote.

I could have misinterpreted it and there may be more to it. I imagine anyone who signs up will get a the full legal spiel sent to them to sign/return.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote