View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #1247
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
Yeah, I would gladly trade my M92 for a reader with 12'' or 13'' screen.
Me too. Better said, I would keep M92 (as portable device) and add a bigger one for mainly in office reading.

Would be good if it accepts not only precise pen for scribling, but also fingers for user interface. And more RAM and more processor power. I prefer having fast response to charging once a week/fortnight. I mean to shift the processor power con. battery life more towards to processor power than now.

To have real paper-document like experience needs rather faster responses.

I do not say M92 is slow, but I see that I still sometimes prefer to print on paper instead to pdf and use M92. The reason is - paper is faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read&Write View Post
The M92 serves mainly customers who use it as a tool. If they "split" the market further by offering a 13" screen model, the quantity of produced M92 and the bigger device will be lower then the quantity of M92s prduced nowadays. In the end, that might prove risky for the producer since the lower the quantity produced, the higher the cost per unit produced.
This is true, unless they make bulk contract with one or more big universities or "national research bodies". Or local or global government, law people, ... The market for A4 or near A4 e-ink is so enormous that is would "eat" tens of millions of units if the device is mature (fast and easy to use, decent battery life and decent fragility, possibility to attach keyboard and as bonus ability to serve as external monitor)

Once in my dream, I saw it like something flexible, that may be rolled or folded, so that one may have A4 or more, but it becomes small and light for transport. But this is probably few years, decade ahead.

Now, we may expect small, but important improvements in firmware in near future. The last mile to perfection is the most difficult and may be quite demanding. We cannot thank suffitiently to Booxstor and Onyx for their work and we should keep the fingers crossed for them to succede. Maybe it does not look like that (if one looks on bug & wish list), but the goal is quite close.

Last edited by Mono; 01-29-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote